Monday, July 26, 2010

cry.

When it rains it pours. When you think you know how things will be, they rarely end up that way. The way things have worked out for me, I am too young for anyone to be happy when things happen. When I announced an engagement I got eye rolls, when we had a wedding half our guest list showed up, when we were pregnant, well, there were no cheers or applause. And so it goes, I have come to the point where I don't expect it. Then you don't cy when it never comes. I have said that same cliche phrase "I don't care if anyone else is happy, I am" a thousand times to myself and it still never really sinks in. I still cry. Thankfully, I have matured to the poin where I am able to be more understanding, but still, I can't wrap my head around the way it would feel to have people happy for you and be there for you.

5 comments:

  1. I will continue to be happy for you. Even when I am a crippled old man - I wish you only the best. I am sorry that the world is as it is. This song really hit me today...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-F6DGGF4Qs

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know just exactly how you feel and what you mean. from our engagement (stupid 18 years olds!), to our wedding (crazy 20 years olds!), to every single one of our babies (are they insane??) seems like no one is ever happy for us even though we are happy :( it is really hard especially when you are so excited...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Sara ... please don't lose your desires! You are a great person ... and I would love to get to know you even more. And share your joys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe ... I love your comment, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire people willing to take life on with full force! You are conquering the world and it's amazing! Thank you for doing that. you're an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete