Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the big picture

Tonight I am embarking on a new crafting journey ( I know, you expected so much more). I am fighting temptation to buy more yummy spring fabric to inspire me. So, I have been throwing around the idea of a basic, strip qulit for picnics and toting around to parades and family outtings inthe summer. I have a tote full of scraps and small pieces also some larger pieces. So, why not make a great big crazy, fun quilt? So, I am. So, tonight I will use these tempting little JoAnn's coupons on quilt batting instead of fabric......wellll I'll just peak at the new spring cottons ;)

I am trying to encourage myself to look at the big picture and perhaps this project will help me to keep my eyes on the prize, so to speak. Somedays I get lost in the littlest piece of mothering. It seems like I cannot get over the tiniest little hiccup, but it seems so large and insurmountable at the time. It really can be easy to loose sight of the task at hand. Today I am struggling (as I have been quite a bit lately) with my oldest one. You know, I don't think I knew how hard it was to love someone until he came around. Well, I don't think, I know I didn't. I had no clue. I thought I did, but I had no idea. But I suppose that is how one thinks when they are 20 years old. Life is something you've already mastered at 20, at 26 I am just beginning to realize that I have yet to master, well any of it. But back to the quilt ;) I just need to remember that no matter how the piece comes together, it will int eh end and I hope that my quilt is beautiful and pleasing when it is complete.

Oh wouldn't my mother (the quilter) be proud?

2 comments:

  1. I think your quilt sounds beautiful! I can't wait to see the end product (or even the WIP!). For the one I am working on, I'm thinking of embroidering some of the squares with encouragements and things to think on...words to remind and to strengthen. Because no matter how it looks from the outside, all moms face the same struggle. Keep your eye on the end result and don't get mired up with the little things. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lydia! I got 27 squares cut out and it was so much fun. I kept remembering the little play bags, sundresses, etc that were made from all these prints.

    ReplyDelete